There is nothing like a rich and creamy homemade cheese sauce. For this recipe I used a bechamel as a base and then added cheese. Bechamel is one of five french mother sauces containing flour, butter, milk, and nutmeg. For the purpose of this recipe I’ve slightly altered it leaving nutmeg out and adding cheese, onions, garlic, and salt. You can add any type of cheese you’d like but softer cheese tend to melt easier, leaving the sauce smooth.
If you decide to give this recipe a shot leave a comment down below and let me know how it went!
- Boil water to cook noodles, cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan, then add onions and garlic. Saute for 4 mins until onions are translucent.
- Add flour to pot and stir to form a roux. Continue to stir for 5 mins until roux becomes golden.
- Slowly add milk to roux while whisking until milk is fully incorporated
- Add cheese, whisk until smooth
- Stir in jalapenos and kosher salt
- Mix cheese sauce with pasta