This is a great recipe for “pizza day” that doesn’t require a lot of time and you know exactly what ingredients are being put into your food. The best thing about this is the ability to customize a pie to your exact specifications. You can make your own sauce if you want for this one, I’ll post my recipe below. If you just want to tackle the pizza dough this time a store bought sauce will do. One thing that I recommend not skipping out on is shredding your own cheese. Pre shredded cheese is usually dry and coated with cornstarch to keep it from sticking together. Get yourself a brick of cheese and a box grater. For the crispiest crust make sure the dough is evenly spread over the entire sheet pan and after the pizza is done baking slide it on to a cooling rack until you’re ready to eat.
2 tsp honey
1 cup of warm water (112 degrees)
2.5 cups of all purpose flour or bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 small onion, small dice
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp dried oregano
Salt to taste
16 oz Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese wedge, freshly grated
- Start by mixing warm water, yeast, and honey with a fork in the bowl of your stand mixer, set aside for 10 mins to activate the yeast. Then preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile, saute the onions and garlic in a small sauce pan for about 5 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, oregano, and salt. Simmer with a lid on the pot until you’re ready to sauce your pizza dough.
- When yeast mixture is foamy add the flour, salt, and extra virgin olive oil. Using the dough hook attachment mix the ingredients until all the ingredients are combined. Let the dough rest for about 10 mins.
- While the dough is resting grate your cheese
- Place your dough on a sheet pan, press it out to the edges, sauce the pizza, evenly spread the mozzarella, then the tomatoes, grate parmesan cheese with the microplane all over the entire pizza, and sprinkle a small amount of oregano on the pizza.
- Bake for 18 minutes
- Remove from the oven to cool for about 10 minutes then cut into squares
|Foamy yeast mixture
|Pressing out the dough
|Ready to bake