Mini versions of things are always pretty cool. Especially those tiny cooking videos. But that’s not why we’re here today. Chicken parm is usually the size of your head which is fantastic but to make it more shareable it needs to shrink. We also need to show chicken thighs some appreciation because they’re the tastiest part of the chicken. I think you see where this is going. Let’s check out the recipe.
1 1/2lbs Boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 cup Panko bread crumbs, season with salt
2 tbsp Water
1/2 cup Flour
4 tbsp Butter
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
Salt to season panko
Canola oil for frying
Favorite red sauce
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, grated
- Start by setting up three separate bowls. The first with flour. The second with the egg and water whisked together to create an egg wash. The third with panko seasoned with salt to taste.
- Next, bread the chicken thighs by dredging in flour. Gently shake off the excess flour then submerge the flour coated chicken thigh in the egg wash. Lift the chicken from the egg wash, let it drip for a few seconds then move to the panko crumbs. Completely coat the thigh then place on a dish until ready to fry. Repeat this step until all the chicken is breaded
- Melt the butter with the garlic in a microwave safe bowl, add the parsley after the butter is melted
- Pre heat the canola oil to 350 in a heavy bottomed pot, fry chicken until an internal temperature of 165
- Brush the fried chicken with the garlic butter then top with red sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan
- Place the chicken under the broiler until the cheese is melted
- Put chicken on a slider bun. Serve with extra red sauce on the side for dippin. Enjoy!