Not going to lie, I thought this thing was going to be hard to wrap. Before I made it I was thinking about how I’m going to do it. I placed just the tostada in the center of the tortilla to practice the folding/ wrapping. It was pretty comical how easy it was. If that’s what’s standing in your way of making this then just give it a shot. I included the free ground beef I received in my latest Butcher Box delivery and Takis because it just made so much sense. Let’s jump into the recipe!
This post may contain links that I earn a small commission from, please read my disclosure policy.
1lb Butcher Box ground beef
1/2 Onion, small dice
1 bunch Cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Onion powder
2 tsp Salt
Burrito size tortillas
Black beans, rinsed
Crushed Fuego Takis
Green cabbage, julienned
- Start by mixing the julienned cabbage and a pinch of salt, massage the salt into the cabbage, set aside until you’re ready to build the crunch wrap
- Cook the ground beef, drain most of the fat, push the ground beef to one side of the pan. Cook the onion on the other side for about 3 minutes. Mix in all of the dried spices. Remove the pan from the heat then mix in the cilantro.
- To build, lay down a tortilla then smear sour cream in the center to match the size of the tostada. Add a layer of meat, black beans, and cheese. Top with a tostada, cover the top of the tostada with sour cream. Finally top with takis, tomatoes, and cabbage.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla towards the center on the tostada. Working counter clockwise, fold the tortilla towards the center and crease. There shouldn’t be much slack but be carful not to rip the tortilla.
- Pre heat a pan of your choice to medium heat. Place the crunch wrap folded side down first. Once its browned on the bottom it’s ready to flip and should be holding together. Brown on the other side. Let it rest for a few minutes to cool down.