I’ve always wanted to try putting a cheese crust on literally anything. This buffalo chicken quesadilla was the perfect opportunity. The only advice I have for you on this one it be patient. You’re going to see the fat start separating from the cheese but that’s perfectly normal. It’s ready when a lot of holes start appearing in the cheese. Be carful when you’re folding the crust, it’s very hot! Lets check out the recipe.
2 chicken breasts, shredded
8oz Cream cheese
8oz Cheddar cheese for filling, shredded
8oz Cheddar for cheese crust, shredded
1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
1 Onion, julienned
1 Bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- Start by lightly sautéing the onions for 8-10 minutes to remove the raw flavor but still leave a crunch
- Mix together shredded chicken, cream cheese, 8oz cheddar cheese, buffalo, sauce, cilantro, and onions
- Scoop a large amount of the buffalo chicken filling on to the bottom half of the quesadilla then fold the top down. Press lightly to evenly distribute the filling.
- In a non stick pan cook the quesadilla over medium heat until both sides are lightly browned then remove form the pan
- Place a pile of cheese in the pan then evenly spread it out to roughly the size of the round tortilla, melt over medium high heat. When you start to see a lot of holes form in the cheese place the quesadilla on the cheese crust with the straight side towards the center. Using a spatula fold the other side of the cheese crust over the quesadilla then remove it from the pan.
- Let it rest for about 5 minutes then slice in half